Shot, Implanted, and Tracked by Aliens?

by Bruce Cornet, Ph.D.

The Owl Omen of Visitation

Move cursor/pointer over owl image for sound. The initial call is a typical owl sound; the second call by the same owl was made only when the owl was at the edge of our property in El Paso, TX, on 22 November 2004.


    Recently I was asked how I had so many close encounters and sightings of UAP.  "How are you landing in the right spots to get these videos of the "TR3" or "the real thing" on your website?"   How was I able to capture sightings on time exposures or on video that other investigators rarely got first hand?  The late Dr. Ellen Crystall had similar success in filming craft in the Pine Bush area: Silent Invasion, 1991.  Most investigators, however, have not been as successful, forcing them to study second or third hand reports from others.  To date I have had about 130 encounters or sightings, most of which occurred in the states of New York and New Jersey, and many from a distance of less than 500 feet (e.g. The Transformation; The Snaking Manta Fly-By; The Cemetery Sighting: "Oh Sure!").  The vast majority of sightings occurred between 1992 and 2003 in Orange County, New York, between the towns of Pine Bush, Montgomery, and Walden.

AOP = Anomalistic Observational Phenomenon - a general overall term for something unexplainable.
UAP = Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon - preferred because it does not imply origin or source.
UFO = Unidentified Flying Object - not preferred because it has become synonymous with alien spacecraft.

    Because many of my sightings involved stealth angular craft such as FTs and the Manta Ray, some skeptics have been quick to dismiss my evidence as misidentifications of commercial or military aircraft.  For example, Amy Herbert states on The Yahoo Black Triangle E-Group (25 March 2004): "Anyone who has been following Dr. Bruce Cornet's claims and 'research' over the years would know what a flake he is. He claimed he was followed by UFO's that "communicated" with him and he went around photographing and video taping planes flying overhead calling them UFO's (you can even hear the engine sounds in one footage)." 

    Their arguments and opinions are based in part on ignorance and bias, and in part on the patterns of navigation lights, which resemble that of commercial and military aircraft.  Take for example the pattern of navigation lights for the DC-9, which commonly flew in and out of Stewart International Airport at Newburgh, NY: When compared to those of some FTs, the differences are apparent when the details are examined.

See: Frame by Frame Comparison of a DC9 and a Flying Triangle.

Ignorance of my work and data are not limited to non-scientists and housewives.  I was surprised - no shocked - that the Administrator of NIDS and members of Bigelow's Science Advisory Board (including Jacque Vallee) were mostly unaware of my research and findings when I joined NIDS as their new Deputy Administrator in January 2004, even though some of my research data had been available on the internet for as long as eight years!  Since then there has been improvement through interest and education.

    I have addressed the problem of misidentification, similarities, and differences between UAP and conventional aircraft on numerous web pages, in particular on Mimicry may be the Objective of ETI Triangular and Diamond-shaped Probes.  I have also addressed the problem of sound mimicry, and shown that UAP can project fake sounds in order to mimic the sounds of conventional turbofan engines.  However, when spectrographically analyzed, the differences are apparent.  One of the most apparent differences is the near absence of white noise (>2 kHz) as is present on all spectrograms of conventional jet engine sounds.  Most speaker systems made by humans are incapable of accurately replicating white noise due to physical vibrational limitations and power requirements above four kilohertz.  Either the FTs have a noise suppression system that significantly reduces white noise or the sound was played through a speaker system: Hence fake sound.

FT-DC9-comp.JPG (100837 bytes)

Also see http://www.sunstar-solutions/AOP/Weirdsound/weirdsound.htm,, and

    Crystall and I are not unique in having had numerous and repeated sightings of UAP.  Ed (The Judge) of Spokan, Washington, has photographed many UAP near where he lives, and had many of his images published on the Jeff Rense website, while Jennifer Jarvis has an entire website (ORBWATCH) devoted to her research on UAP over Lake Ontario, Canada.  In 2003 Jennifer became aware of Ed's sightings (she was already aware of mine).  She states on one of her web pages: "A visitor to Orbwatch, who lives near Valleyford in Washington State, noticed that the events he has been observing and photographing near his home are very similar in nature to those that I have been witnessing and documenting over Lake Ontario.

    My sightings and encounters (along with those of Crystall) differ in one major respect from those of Jennifer and Ed in that the craft would come to me in the field and sometimes pace my car along the highway or along farm roads, traveling below 500 feet altitude for miles.  In addition, the types of craft I saw were commonly triangular or diamond-shaped when their silhouettes could be made out against the night sky.  Typically they put on performances for my cameras and for those of visiting television producers, and traveled across state borders to visit me in Red Bank, NJ, where I lived at the time: See A Performance over Red Bank.  Also see The Escort.  These aspects of my encounters are difficult for people to accept who are not familiar with the phenomenon, causing them to be sarcastic and even insulting.  But what most casual readers of my websites commonly miss are the details on various web pages which give meaning and understanding to what happened to me.  Perhaps the most important detail (highlighted in blue below) is presented on my web page called, The Cydonia II Report: Introduction.

...."Some areas yielded unexpected unnatural magnetic anomalies that cannot be attributed to human cultural activity, such as buried electrical lines, pipes, etc. (figures: [3][4][5][6][7][8][9]). Using a proton magnetometer at and around the Jewish Cemetery along Rt. 52 between Pine Bush and Walden, NY (Figure 3), I detected intermittent magnetic signals at two locations (Figure 4: stations #1 and #2). Dr. Crystall (1991) reported an unusual amount of paranormal activity and AOP sightings at and around the Jewish Cemetery, which is what led me to begin my magnetic survey there. For example, Dr. Crystall and four other people witnessed a triangular AOP hovering above the cemetery (illustrated in her book), and it is within and around the cemetery that she photographed unusual "Tesla" globes of unknown origin. Her book illustrates a photograph of a 2 x 3 foot "pod mark" which she claims was caused by a craft that had landed inside the cemetery fence (Crystall, 1991: Fig. 2). Station #1 is located next to the entrance to the cemetery, and anomalous signals were first detected there on 14 June 1992. While trying to obtain a stable natural measurement for the Earth's magnetic field in that location, I got back repeated anomalous magnetic spikes 11,000 gammas above what they should have been (Figure 5). I took measurements every ten seconds for eight minutes, and found only two measurements close to normal during that entire time interval! At first I thought that the instrument was malfunctioning, or that I was picking up surges in the electrical lines across the road. When measurements along Albany Post Road also contained these regular repetitious spikes (see base map A), I became concerned that I would not be able to conduct a magnetic survey. I took the magnetometer back to Lamont Doherty Earth Observatory and had it checked out. It checked out just fine. The instrument was operating normally and accurately.

    "When I returned to the valley and began taking more measurements on 16 June, I got normal stable measurements at all my stations. I then began my survey, having to go back to areas that I had measured previously. The second time areas that had initially recorded anomalous signals all gave normal reproducible measurements. On 18 June 1992 at 8:02 p.m., however, something extraordinary happened. I was shot with an electromagnetic beam device as I took readings along side Albany Post Rd. The incident occurred at Station # 21 (see Map A) next to a large open field about 0.2 miles south of Bruyn Rd. After I had taken a few normal measurements, a shot rang out and I felt a sting on my lower left chest. I had just pressed the button to take another measurement on the portable computer hanging from my neck. When the reading came up it was 500 gammas below normal! I saw my shirt move in and out where I was hit. Since I did not see a hole nor saw any blood appear on my shirt, I calmly collected my equipment and put it back into my truck. When I got home I checked my chest and found a large round brown bruise with yellow rim the size of a quarter on my lower chest opposite my left kidney. The skin was indented like a concave dish and there was a small red dot at its center. After that event whenever I came out into the field at night I would be greeted by unusual lights rising from adjacent fields. Had I been tagged with a tracking device like we tag wild animals? I do not know, but whatever happened it soon became apparent that I was now being watched by more than the local residents. Nothing anomalous shows up on x-rays of the involved area of my body.

    "My unannounced presence in the area apparently caused the shut down of most underground transmissions, or limited them to times when I was not there. I went back to the cemetery and took measurements all around the area, but found nothing out of the ordinary, except under the electrical lines across the road. I frequently went back to old stations in order to verify previous readings. But on 13 September 1992 when I re-measured Station #1 at the cemetery entrance, I found it to be "alive" with anomalous signals (figures [6][7][8][9]). Using two sensors on my Proton Magnetometer, one at either end of a long aluminum pole, I was able to determine orientation of the signals. First I oriented the pole vertically and took a sequence of 39 measurements (Figure 6). Most measurements were taken every five to ten seconds. The computer on the magnetometer recorded each measurement and assigned to it a sequential number and the Julian time, to the nearest second, at which the measurement was taken. Then I oriented the pole horizontally in a direction perpendicular to Rt. 52, and took another sequence of measurements (Figure 7). Finally, I oriented the pole parallel to Rt. 52 in a horizontal position (Figure 8). This procedure was repeated for every station indicated on the map layout in Figure 3. When I was near an underground transmitter all three orientations registered significant magnetic anomalies. When I was more than ten paces from an underground signal source (my pace is 3.2 feet or one meter), only the horizontal orientation towards the source detected the signal (Figure 9), while the other orientations gave me background readings (Figure 10). The further the distance from the source I was, the weaker the signal strength as measured by the number of anomalous spikes and their intensity. Two transmitters spaced about 465 feet apart were identified and located, while a third was provisionally located in a triad position (Figure 4). The third signal source was much weaker than the others as if it represented a neutral balance. What I had detected was an intelligent pattern of signals coming not from space to Earth, but from Earth going out into space! Shades of the new movie, The Arrival, starring Charlie Sheen."

Let's go back to the question: How was I landing in the right spots to get those videos?

    Many times events happen in life because of the choices we make.  No one prior to my involvement had taken a Precession Proton Magnetometer into the field to map magnetic anomalies near Pine Bush.  As I stated above, when I began taking magnetic measurements on 14 June 1992 along Rt. 52 and Albany Post Road with Patricia Huff, the data for each site contained numerous recurring magnetic spikes thousands of gammas above background levels.  The next time I went out into the field (18 June), all measurements were normal (i.e. at background levels). 

Magspikes3.gif (34319 bytes)

    My unannounced presence in the area may have caused the shut down of most underground transmissions, or limited them to times when I was not there.  If I had tried taking similar measurements on any military reservation, I would have attracted a lot of negative human attention.  But the area between Pine Bush, Montgomery, Walden, and Wallkill is mostly private land.  I caught some group off guard and briefly stopped their activity.  Initially, they wanted to know who I was and why I was there taking measurements.  Once they found out, they wanted to use me.  Not to seem egotistical, but the best explanation I can think of that makes any sense is that I was chosen or selected for interaction and exchange, perhaps for my education (three degrees, including a Ph.D.), attitude, and open mind (unusual for a scientist), or for my interest in the phenomenon (curiosity), initiative (I did what few other scientists would do), courage, and persistence in the field (three years to complete a 200 square mile magnetic survey).  Ellen Crystall had prior contact with them, but she was not prepared (or educated) to handle the evidence scientifically.  From what I can tell, most scientists are incapable of accepting or unwilling to handle this kind of evidence.

encount2.jpg (87381 bytes)
First issue of Encounters magazine, 1995.

Below is a more complete account of the shooting incident:

    About one week after I began conducting a 200 square mile magnetic survey of the Pine Bush area in 1992, I was shot in the field at dusk by a magnetic-type weapon?  Why?  Possibly to implant a tracking nano-device or tracking chemical.  X-rays of my kidneys and abdomen show no visible foreign objects.

    I was taking magnetic readings at various stations or sites in the valley.  I had taken a couple readings at one station along Albany Post Road in Ulster County when a loud rifle-like shot rang out from across a vacant farm field.  The only local dwelling was a house to the south (see satellite image below taken in 1994).  I felt a sting on my lower left chest, and saw my shirt move in and out.  There was no one visible in the field, indicating that whoever fired the shot was either well camouflaged or invisible. The synchronicity of the sound and the sting indicates that the shooter was probably fairly close (less than half a mile away).

Shotlocsatellite.JPG (46111 bytes)

The sound was as loud as the sound from a 30-odd-six rifle. 

    I had just pushed the record button on my magnetometer (it took a few seconds to take a measurement), and was looking down at the LED when the shot occurred.  Because I felt no internal pain or trauma, and saw no hole in my shirt or blood, I continued focusing on recording magnetic data.  The reading that came up coincident with the shot was -500 gammas (about -10 mGauss), or a significant negative magnetic anomaly.  It took several more measurements before the readings returned to normal (indicating the slow decay of an anomalous magnetic field around me). 

Magnetic pulse graph

Albany Post shot and UFO traffic light


Magnetometer graph and location of shot

 I immediately packed up my equipment and drove home.  When I got home I took off my shirts to find a quarter-sized brown bruise where I felt the sting.  The bruise was concave with a red dot at the center but no hole.  The picture below is out of focus due to error in focusing the camera.  Nevertheless, it gives you an idea of the location and size of the bruise.

18Jun92br.jpg (17674 bytes)

    Ten days later I developed a kidney infection.  By the twelfth day I was passing blood.  On 1 July 1992 I made an emergency appointment with my doctor in Suffern, NY.  I was his last patient that day because of his full schedule.  He looked at (tested) a sample of my urine and said I had a bad kidney infection.  My injured kidney was opposite the bruise, implicating a cause for the kidney damage.  He gave me antibiotics in his office and a prescription, which quickly cleared up the infection.  But on my way home from the doctor's office, a UAP met me at the Harriman exit to Rte 17, and paced (escorted) me home.  The time I reached Harriman was about 9:30 PM.  The sense I got is that whoever was flying that craft knew that I had been injured and had gone to the doctor.   This is not the only time that year I had a sighting at this highway interchange: Have you ever been followed home by a Boeing 707?

    What I first saw was a brilliant golden-colored light hovering above the toll booths on the New York Throughway (I-87).  Initially I thought it was a police helicopter, but as I took the exit it moved to the left in front of a set of street lights on a tall pole.  There was a small red light behind the bright yellowish white light, which was brighter than the street lights.  I expected to see the silhouette of a helicopter as it passed in front of the lights.  I also expected to hear the noise of whirling rotor blades, but there was no sound.  Instead of seeing a helicopter, I saw nothing connecting the two lights.  There was no visible structure of a craft present - just the two lights. 

Harriman09b.JPG (37649 bytes)

    When I reached the toll booth after exiting I asked the toll collector if he had seen the lights.  He said he had not seen them.  By that time the lights had moved far enough away that I could not locate them.  I continued my journey home on Rte 17.  But about a mile or two from the toll booths the lights flew low over my truck from behind (left to right), and began pacing my truck off to the right side of the highway.  They were about 200 feet above the ground (three times the tree height) and 300-500 feet ahead of me.  I accelerated in an attempt to catch up to the lights to get a better look at the UAP, but the lights accelerated with me up to 85 mph, before I slowed down.  Frustrated, but wanting to get confirmation that the pilot was pacing my vehicle, I continued to slow down to 35 mph.  The lights slowed down with me, keeping the same distance from me.   I sped up to the speed limit (55 mph), and the lights kept pacing my vehicle all the way home.

    I had to travel about 25 miles on Rte 17 to my exit at Middletown, NY.  About half way there, I saw several small airplanes flying across the highway to and from Orange County Airport at Montgomery, NY, which was located a few miles north of Rte 17.  As the UAP approached the air traffic, it suddenly rose higher in altitude to above that air traffic, and turned on more colored lights in order to mimic the navigation lights of the private airplanes.  After passing those aircraft, it turned the extra lights off and descended back again to about 200 feet above the trees.  The UAP continued to pace my truck to my exit for Rte 211E at Middletown.  As I changed routes, the UAP continued to follow me.  As I reached my condominium, it rose in altitude and became stationary in the northwest sky.

    I took a picture of the UAP when I got home (see below).  It was far enough away that only one light was visible.  Even though the light had risen high enough in the sky to resemble a bright star in size, no other stars were visible due to high clouds.  Also, no stars on the star chart (Planetarium 1.8) for that night and location were as bright as the light.  The time the photograph was taken was about 10:15 PM. Venus disappeared below the northwest (equatorial) horizon at about 8:40 PM on that date, while the Moon (a sliver crescent) disappeared below the horizon at about 9:20 PM.  I went inside for a short while, but when I came out again the light was gone.

1Jul92.jpg (17560 bytes)

    After that event, whenever I went out into the field, craft would come to me.  They would seek me out, and find me.  Ellen Crystall describes the same phenomenon in her book, Silent Invasion.   Occasionally I was paced tens and even hundreds of miles on the highway at night by a craft - only its lights visible, and sometimes with witnesses - including family members.  If any other drivers noticed the lights, they didn't report them.  But that's the nature of this phenomenon!  That's what happened to me between 1992 and 1997. 

    Then as mysteriously as the phenomenon appeared, it disappeared towards the end of 1997.  The skywatch groups (e.g. U.F.O.S.) that met along West Searsville Rd. dispersed or met elsewhere after a town ordinance was passed that banned such activity.  That ordinance was pushed by local real estate developers who wanted to build new homes and housing developments on either side of West Searsville Rd., including on farm properties over which some of the aerial activity had occurred.   As the witnesses disappeared and homes were built, the activity waned or moved elsewhere.  By October 1997 few sightings were being reported.  October was usually one of the best months for sightings in the past.  For the remaining part of the 20th Century and into the 21st Century sightings became rare.  And yet on occasion I would revisit the area and have a sighting or two.  For example: 18 December 1999, 15 January 20004 May 2000, and 20 August 2003.  Although the 1999 and 2000 sightings occurred in the Walden-Pine Bush areas, by 2003 the activity had moved east of the Hudson River to near Poughkeepsie, NY, where it had occurred back during the flap of 1985.

This web page was created on 07/23/04.
It was last edited on 01/21/2019.

web-stat hit counter